Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Clay Art Challenge Day 7

I've been moving along on my goal of sculpting 30 small sculptures in 30 days. I posted my Day 6 piece on my Facebook page but forgot to post it here on my blog : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.975330419182447.1073741849.126601960721968&type=3

So for this next piece I wanted a fiercer looking shelled creature. I started the armature early in the day.



While the Aves Apoxie Sculpt clay was curing I sculpted the shell out of Super Sculpey firm clay.



 When the Aves clay had cured I sculpted the interior of the mouth in polymer clay and added the pre-baked fangs.




I decided to give this guy a spiked tail club for offense against shelled members of his own kind.




 After the shell was baked I pressed it down onto the soft Aves clay to mark where it would be glued.




                                        The creature at his fangy best!


No comments:

Post a Comment