Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Update On Working On The Tree

I hot glued Styrofoam to the dowel and used a rasp to begin to rough out the shape of the trunk.

Next I coated the Styrofoam with mache and drilled holes in the wood block base to accept sections of wire coat hanger. The wire would be the foundation for the trunks roots.

After the mache had dried I began building up the tree trunk in Apoxie Sculpt clay.

I drilled a hole in the trunk where the unlucky sailor would be positioned and inserted a section of brass rod. The rod would serve as a post to secure the armature of the sailor figure.

After the first application of Apoxie Sculpt had cured I applied a top coat which I textured to look like bark. Then it was on to beginning the sculpting of the brontosaur's helpless victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment