Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm Just About Done

I expected to have my Kong/Pteranodon sculpture finished this weekend but the rainy weather is preventing me from getting outdoors to spray paint some of the parts with primer.

Anyway I thought I'd share a couple photos of what I've been working on to this point. Here is the flying reptile with Kong's paws sculpted directly onto its body. I wanted to convey the look of him actually clutching it which I didn't think just gluing the paws on later would accomplish.

I've completed the rocky base section and I've given the Apoxie Sculpt clay a coat of thinned down acrylic wash.

Now I'm in the process of wiping it down with a section of cloth to give it an aged look and bring out the crevices in the clay.

1 comment:

  1. Quel travail de patience!! Bravo...merci pour votre gentil commentaire.

    ReplyDelete