Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Clay Art Challenge

I thought I'd try my hand at an art challenge. Most of the work I do takes weeks to complete. So my goal was to create a new sculpture each day for 30 days.

My first piece is going to be my take on a hybrid snail creature.







For the armature I used galvanized steel wire. This I bulked out with foil. Over the foil I applied a veneer of Ave's Apoxie Sculpt clay. Here is the body with Super Sculpey being added. While I had my supplies out I prepared a second armature ( seen in the rear of the photo ) for my next creature.







Here is the snail with its teeth and feelers added.







A ball of tightly packed foil formed the armature for the snail's shell which I'm sculpting in polymer clay.








Here is the completed snail slinking around my outdoor steps.

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour cher ami,

    Que je suis très heureuse de vous lire et d'admirer cette belle sculpture. Cet escargot est extraordinaire ! fascinant !... J'adore il a des dents !! et ses yeux !! il me fait craquer !! Bravo ! pour ce chalenge !

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete