Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Clay Art Challenge Day 2

On day 2 of the clay challenge I was doodling over my morning coffee trying to come up with a snail creature that I fancied making.






I hit upon a toothy multi - eyed creature. When I'm working I always make up an assortment of eyes and teeth in various sizes which I bake and store. So I had a ready made assortment of fangs and eyes to choose from.




                                            Here the snail takes shape with its clawed tail.








While the polymer clay snail was being baked I formed a tightly packed cone of aluminum foil to sculpt the shell over. I'm going with a horned design.



     The painted snail and shell decorated in acrylic paint.






The finished snail creature assembled and sprayed with clear matt lacquer.


4 comments:

  1. Bonjour cher ami,

    Une créature que je ne voudrais pas rencontrer dans mon jardin !! Extraordinaire !! Joli travail.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Martine he just stirs in my head. If I actually saw it in my garden I'd be sure to swear off the schnapps.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back at the art stuff my friend!

    I've started back up on Dinosaurs finally. Glad it's not just me stirring from the limbo ;)

    ReplyDelete