Friday, April 22, 2016

Miniature Diorama Work for The Cult of Doll Almanac

 Sculpting a Bull shark for the Cult of Doll project.

 The Bull sharks primed with the dory I built in the background.

The sharks airbrushed. Putting the final touches to the eyes.

 The poseable armature for the character I'm creating for The Cult of Doll project.

 Building up the miniature sea around one of the shark sculptures.

 Detailing the water around the shark.

Be sure to join us April 24th 2016 on Facebook for the premiere of the first Biannual Cult of Doll Almanac April 24th 2016

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Miniature Skull Island Trees

My snail themed project got temporarily derailed. For the last week I've been finishing up work on four tree as set pieces for a stop motion Kong project.

 When working with the moss it just gets everywhere. My work space is going to need a good going over before I get my clay back out.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Clay Art Challenge Day 25

Today's snail for day 25 of the clay challenge. As I'm closing in on my goal of completing 30 small sculptures I've come up with a good concept for my last snail. Stay tuned.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Clay Art Challenge Day 24

For today's clay challenge I went with a conical shaped shell for my snail. This little guy is sculpted using three colored types of Super Sculpey.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Clay Art Challenge Day 22

Starting wire armature. Eyes added.

 Adding some Ave's clay to the armature.

 Sculpting in Super Sculpey Firm polymer clay.

 Test fitting the shell before baking.

 Beginning to paint the snail in acrylic paint.

The finished snail.

Friday, March 25, 2016