Monday, August 17, 2009

Skull Island Wall Update

In the original King Kong film the Skull Island wall has an ornamental carving over both the village and jungle sides of the gates. To recreate this for the miniature wall I rolled out a section of Super Sculpey polymer clay.

I then carved the design into the clay. After texturing the clay and adding some cracks I made a one piece latex rubber mold. From this mold I was able to cast two identical plaques.

Here is a photo of the finished plaque mounted on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. hey Brian, thanks for the comment on my blog. I like Procreate a lot and to keep it from sticking, I use Oderless Paint Thinner as a lubricant for my tools. You can find that at any craft store :)

    I'm really impressed with your moldmaking. I hope to get into that in the future!

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete