Next I mixed ground cover with a 50/50 mixture of water and Elmer's Glue to coat the base. While it was still moist I worked some moss here and there to add some color.
When it came to painting the Styracosaur I used paints from WASCO -- Wildlife Artist Supply Company and my Iwata HP-BC airbrush. Once I had the general coloration and markings laid out I clear coated my work with Testor's Dull Cote to protect it.
When that dried I used pastel chalks on the horns and also sprayed them with Dull Cote. The next day I mixed up some thinned down acrylic paints with blending medium to make a dark brown wash. I brushed this over the entire dinosaur and wiped off the wash to accent the scale work and tie all my colors together.