Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Cult of Doll WIP


Recently I've been working on a polymer clay tea caddy for my submission to the Cult of Doll team project I'm a member of.

The scene I'm creating will be in 1/12 scale. But since I wanted to be able to photograph a close up shot of my character grasping the tea caddy I decided to make a larger caddy and pair of hands.

 I used an antique ceramic caddy as my inspiration. After baking the polymer clay I began painting the caddy in blue acrylic.







The hands/arms were formed of aluminum wire. Then they were fleshed out with cotton, foam rubber, dental dam and liquid latex.







 If you'd like to be kept abreast of the work in progress by the various members of the Cult of Doll stop by the team Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/cultofdoll?ref=hl



No comments:

Post a Comment