Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kong Revisions

It was suggested by Paul Gill of Gillman Productions that the Kong bust I'm working on for him could use some wrinkles in the brow area and beefing up in the shoulder and back area. I tackled the wrinkles first.

The shoulders and back were a bigger undertaking! It pained me to have to cut into the areas I had so painstakingly detailed to look like fur.

After I removed the clay from the back I had to build up the armature. To do this I used balsa wood spacers cut to the shape of the back. In between the wood spacers I packed crumbled aluminum foil to bulk up the back area.

Once I had the general shape of the back done I covered it in a then layer of Ave's Apoxie Sculpt clay.

Here is a photo of the finished revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment