Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bad Egg Work In Progress Photos

I got some more work done on my bad egg character this weekend. After drawing a machete on thin basswood I cut it out and covered it with Apoxie clay. When it cured I sanded it smooth with wet/dry sandpaper.

Next I painted it with acrylic paint and set it aside to dry.

Here a piece of Apoxie clay to form a hand has been added to one of the characters aluminum wire arms. Gently pressing the soft clay against the handle of the machete will create a hand that perfectly fits.

When the clay hand had cured I glued the machete in place with Zap a Gap.

After adding fresh Apoxie clay to the hand I sculpted fingers gripping the machete.

After setting the hand aside to cure I textured the base of the sculpture and worked on the characters shoes.

After the arms are attached I can begin painting!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, its looking awesome already! I can't wait to see what the finished product is going to look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he's coming along nicely. I'm anxious to see him when finished!

    ReplyDelete