Next I used chalks and a cotton swab to create aged drip marks under the thole pins and at the locations of the bow and transom lines.
Many times fishing boats will have blood splattered about from the thrashing of landed fish. To replicate this I used thinned down dark red paint and a stipple brush. It created a nice pattern of paint at the location where the fisherman would be seated.
The next thing I did was antique the oars and the trawl tub. When the tub was done I packed aluminum foil inside it and topped it off with Apoxie Sculpt clay. Then I took the line which I had aged in brewed tea and coiled it in the tub tacking it in place with Zap a Gap glue.
Next up will be gluing the boat gear and fisherman in place. Then on to creating the water around the dory.